This 12v Black & Decker drill with the long lasting lithium-ion battery is a 12v drill for the picky one.The variable speed adjustment with the 11 position clutch positions, ensure that you can drill and screwdrive in wood,metal and plastic without destroying the material or the screw.The compact design and the extreme light weight prevents user fatigue and allows you to work in confined spaces.The anti slip soft grip makes this cordless powertool very easy and comfortable to work with.The inbuilt LED work light makes it easier to work in dark spaces.
Who is the Black and Decker 12V for?
This cordless drill is mainly for home use. The 12v, 600 rpm max speed,is way to small for profesionals, but more than enough for the average home user. The 11 position clutch and adjustable speed ensures that this cordless drill can be used for most tasks you can think of for home use.With the 12v lithium-ion battery,this drill can go on and on for a very long time. The 2,3 lbs weight makes it really suitable if you need to work over your head,and the compact size allows you to drill in tight spaces like inside small cabinets. Ofcourse you can go for a cheaper battery drill like the Genesis GCD 18BK with ni-cad battery,but the lifetime of a lithium-ion battery vs a ni-cad battery is tremendous,and the few bucks you save on the Genesis cordless drill will be eaten up in the long run.All in all,one of the best cordless drills I`ve tested for home use.
- Item Weight: 2.8 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 9.4 x 2.8 x 8.1 inches
- Batteries: 1 12V batteries required.
- Color: Black
- Average Battery Life: 10 hours
- Warranty Description: 2 year limited warranty
The Pros and The Cons for the Black and Decker 12V
- Comes with a lithium-ion battery which holds charge between use,and have a much longer life cykle than the ni-cad battery.
- Compact size and light weight allows you to do different tasks i like drilling under your kitchen sink or hanging a picture just below your roof.
- Comes with an inbuilt LED light which makes it very easy to work in spaces or rooms with little or no light.
- 11 different tourque positions and adjustable speed (0-600 rpm) that prevents you from damage the material you are working on,either you are drilling or screwing in materials like woods,plastic or metal.
- A very solid and comfortable grip with Black and Decker`s solid grip,anti slip solution.
- The price.This cordless drill is listed at amazon for $44.99,and for a quality product like Black & Decker,this is a no brainer.
- The package only include one battery. Make sure you always put your battery in the charger after use or you can get a spare one at amazon.com to always be certain that you have a fully charged battery.
- It is only one double ended bit tip included with this battery drill. I recommend include the 30 piece drill and screwdriver set from black and decker when you order.
- The Black and Decker LDX112C doesn`t stand drilling to many holes with a bigger drill before the battery is empty. If you do a lot of drilling I recommend you take a look at the 20v Black and Decker LDX 120C.
Where can I get Black & Decker LDX112C at the best available price?
You can get this drill in most retailers,and I`ve seen the price range vary from $70 and way up to $89.20. That is highway robbery,because by doing a quick search online,I found it on amazon for Available from these sellers. That is the best price I`ve found so far,but please let me know if it is possible to get it even cheaper than that.
Customer questions & answers
Can this drill handle masonry or brick?
For drilling into cement or brick, we would recommend using a hammer drill with a masonry drill bit. If you do not have a hammer drill, we would recommend using a Bullet® Speed Tip masonry drill bit, which is designed for use in rotary drills.
Are a spare battery, charger, and case included?
Battery and Charger included but no case or extra battery
Can this be used to drill a hole in cement stucco?
For drilling into cement, concrete or brick, we would recommend using a hammer drill with a masonry drill bit. If you do not have a hammer drill, we would recommend using a Bullet® Speed Tip masonry drill bit, which is designed for use in rotary drills.