The DEWALT DWS780 Compound Miter Saw is a saw that was not just made for the DIYer, but also the professional. It takes into account power, precision, control, and usability, and particularly excels in the first two. Many of its features focus on getting concise cuts at perfect angles, without as much effort as usual. Whether you are working on personal projects or trying to make a living, the DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw may be the best sliding compound miter saw.
Here we are going to review the DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw. If you want you can also check the review of the best cabinet table saw.
Features of Product
- Powerful 3,800 motor packing 15 amps for hard, steady work.
- 10 positive stops on a stainless steel miter plate, easily adjustable.
- Very useful dust collector, saving you from cleaning 75 percent of the dust generated during the job.
- Back Fence Design that can cut up to 2 by 16 at 90 degrees and 2 by 12-dimensional lumber at 45 degrees.
- XPS cross-cut alignment with extremely bright LED light to guide you with its shadow.
- Tough as nails stainless steel design to keep it durable and dependable for a long time.
Benefits of Using DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The one thing you want to keep in mind when you purchase a machine tool is how long you will be able to depend on it, especially if you do carpentry for a living. The DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Miter Saw is made of stainless steel and all its working parts are made to last. You will get your money’s worth with how long you will be able to use it.
Precision with Efficiency
The XPS cross-cut alignment system used an extremely bright LED light which casts a shadow on the surface of what you’re working on, showing you the exact point at which the blade will come in contact with the material. You will not need to re-calibrate for each cut, allowing you to complete the job accurately and efficiently.
Less Cleaning Effort
Everyone who has worked with carpentry has known the annoyance of having to clean up all the sawdust after the job has been done. It flies everywhere during work, making it even more difficult to clean up. 75 percent of that dust will be cleaned up by the DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw as you go along, allowing you a breather after a hard day’s work.
Easy Handling and Operation
The DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw weighs a respectable 56 pounds. Not too light that it will have less force throughout the cut, but light enough for you to do your work for a long time without hurting. It also has a cam lock miter button to help you lock the angles.
Pros and Cons
- Light yet powerful; it has a strong motor, as well as industrial class cutting technology. It is specifically designed to maximize your strength and precision. At 56 pounds, you won’t be aching for a break immediately after starting a job.
- Easy to pack away; aside from being light and easy to set aside, the fact that it can collect up 75 percent of sawdust during work cuts your cleaning effort.
- Durable; a very legitimate worry when it comes to purchasing high power machines is how long they will last, especially for those who use them professionally. They are used for rugged purposes and will be tried and tested with each job. The DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw was created to last you more than just a few jobs, and you can count on it to see you through on a daily basis.
- A con that plagues all saws, the sides will cause deflection if pushed too hard too quickly. In order to minimize this, make sure that you are using the proper technique of cutting before beginning work.
The DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw got a great 4.5-star rating on Amazon. A lot of customers were very satisfied right out of the box, as the power and precision were as advertised. Ratings came from both DIYers and carpenters by profession, meaning this is a saw that you can bank on during your projects. On the other hand, as stated above, most of the complaints came from the slides. A lot of people were getting head deflection as they worked, which is something that can greatly hinder your progress.
- First of all, make sure you use eye protection. Irritation to eyesight may be the cause of very dangerous accidents, and the risk is too high without protection.
- Make sure the cord of the saw is completely clear of the work area. There have been too many instances of cut cords, tripping carpenters, and unsightly notches on the surface of the project due to sudden restarting.
- For any project, make sure that you are using the most compatible blade for the job.
- Be aware of the depth of the cut. Sawing right through the material will not result in you with a clean looking cut, so do your best to make sure you cut just to the point of the blade teeth showing through.
- Finally, pack away in a safe area, and don’t let it get wet, if possible.
The DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw will last you for a long time, and keep providing you with the power you need. The materials were made to go through rugged work while keeping themselves solid and durable. Precision is the most advertised selling point of the DEWALT DWS780 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw, and it gets that part right. Some will be turned off by the excessive head reflective during cutting, though that is a problem that all power saws share, and not an exclusive flaw in this machine. It comes with a warranty, however, so if it bothers you too much, you won’t be at a loss. DIYers and professionals alike may find what they’re looking for here.